Friday, March 5, 2010

Birmingham to Bangkok

So after a grand total of 22 hours in the air I arrived in Bangkok around 11:15 pm, got to the Bed & Breakfast and went straight to sleep. I have never felt jet-lag the way I did last night. I fell quickly asleep but was up again just a few hours later. Bright and early, I got up and got dressed to explore my new neighborhood for the next month. Just a little different from Forest Park. Not far from the river and right off a huge road the JL Bangkok is nestled in amongst a couple of malls, not far from the Ramkhamhaeng University and surrounded by street vendors selling everything from your typical knock off Prada to anything and everything they can throw in a fryer. After a long day wandering, pretty much aimlessly, just to absorb the notion that I am actually in Bangkok, I have come to the conclusion that I am definitely a fish out of water. I think the blue eyes and the curls give it away. As for now, as day one comes to an end, I have settled in to the JL directly under the AC, fighting the 98 degree heat, to get some work done before classes start tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you and excited for you!!!! i can't wait to keep up- i know you're going to LOVE it, this is going to be an incredible experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and all points in between. Have fun out there.

    ReplyDelete