Saturday, March 6, 2010

School Days


Today we started classes. Up, once again, bright and early, because I just can't seem to get used to this 13 hour difference, I missed breakfast and got to school way before anyone else. (Which is quite out of the norm for me) Students started showing up around 9, which is what time class begins, but continued to show up throughout the next hour. In my readings before the trip it was mentioned a few times that Thai's have no sense of time, they were not lying. We began with Hickson's usual "notecard orientation," which more-so than ever was very beneficial to me. This, being the graduate course, consisted of 14 students, one other American, a couple girls from Burma/Myanmar, a few Chinese but mostly Thais. Everyone seems to speak English well enough to understand what's going on in class but I have heard it's not the same in the undergraduate course. We were in class from 9-4 with a couple of breaks which makes for a long day. I don't believe i have sat in the same class that long since I was in the 6th grade. All-in-all it was a good, but long day as I am still fighting through the jet-lag. Finished the day with a little homework I neglected last week and a couple Singha's (Thai beer). Goodnight/Good morning to all that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment