Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Hint of Green...


HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!!! Due to the demonstration and I feel like the blog is kind of suffering. But on this St. Paddy's Day, I knew I had the perfect picture. This is the garden at the JL. Everything is bright green and getting ready to hit full bloom around here. I didn't realize what today was until I got to school, so luckily I changed from my black sandals into my green Chaco's before I left for school this morning. Not that it would have really mattered, I believe I am a few miles away from the leprechauns that would have been offended. Probably, needless to say, but, St. Patrick's Day is not celebrated around here. I hope everyone at home steers clear of the "little pinchers" that might be after you!

This week has been mainly occupied with school. Unfortunately, if these Red Shirts don't slack off, school is going to continue to occupy the rest of the trip. However, better safe, than sorry!! I had my first run in with a few of them yesterday. It was 4 elderly women decked in red with Thaksin pins on their shirts. I didn't feel much of a threat, because I felt like I could take them :) Crowds are thinning, slightly (definitely not significantly), but there has not been any changes in the government yet. As each day passes in the raging heat, I feel like the protests can only go one way. Things could turn for the good, and the crowds leave due to change or exhaustion, or, well, I won't mention the other side in lieu of keeping a positive attitude. All we can continue to do is Pray for Peace! I'm not quite sure what the ritual of splattering the blood all over the government areas and then the Prime Minister's house signified but it was completed. I will spare you of the morbid pictures. I feel like they are running out of options. There has been mention of talks between the opposing sides in order to re-establish "kreng jai" (aware of other people's feelings showing politeness, respect, and consideration) atmosphere to the nation of Thailand. Hopefully these talks will happen sooner than later.

3 comments:

  1. The reason they don't celebrate St. Paddy's day is that they don't know about it. If you told you friends about it, they would velebrate with you. ANy excuse for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blog continues to make my day we will have a St PattyS party at the lake to run out the snakes curtis garrison said hi but dont jump on his car

    ReplyDelete